48 x 3 + 67 = 1 Incredible Day on Mt Carrigain - 9/29/12

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtruman

Reaction score
On Saturday Nat and I completed a 5 year journey and finished the NH48 on Mt Carrigain. We were joined by our good friend Rex who finished both his NH48 and NE67 with us (huge congrats) and a wonderful group of friends that have shared the trails with us along the way. Thanks to everyone for making this a truly incredible day!!

Here's the whole story: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/09/48-x-3-67-1-incredible-day-on-mt.html

The happy finishers!
IMG_5063.JPG

And the whole crew
083.JPG

Just read your excellent trip report. First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D :D :D (I cannot express how lame and bad I felt at not being able to join the celebration. I hope to see you both again soon. The girls and I have something we want to give you.)

Second -- Nat is tough! I can't imagine continuing an ascent with a gash that requires four staples! Good for her, and for everyone else, for being able to finish the ascent and complete the descent in a reasonable and safe fashion. What a great example of teamwork and hikers looking out for one another.

How's Nat feeling now?

Thanks Trish. Nat is still feeling great (and has maintained that she's felt great all along). I can only shake my head. She's one tough lady!

We definitely want to work out a hike with you and the girls soon. We'll be in touch!

Congrats Mark. Well done.
You best mind that woman. She's way too tough to mess with.

Congrats!! I've enjoyed following your adventures via the blog as well as in person, briefly ;)

Congratulations - EXCELLENT finish!!!!
Thanks Becca. It was definitely an awesome day.

Congrats you two!!!! (or should I make that THREE?):)

Wish we could have been there!!!!
Thanks Sabrina. Wish you could have been there too. On the other hand, after seeing your pictures and reading your posts from last week I think we might have rather been out there with you guys! :)

Congrats Mark. Well done.
You best mind that woman. She's way too tough to mess with.
Thanks Mike. We really appreciated you guys coming over to meet us at the finish. Wish our plans for dinner with you had worked out. :( You're right too, Nat's definitely WAY too tough for me to mess with. ;)

Congrats!! I've enjoyed following your adventures via the blog as well as in person, briefly ;)
Thanks Owen. We're really glad that we got to hike at least one with you along the way (and it was a REALLY good one)! We definitely need to get out on the trails together again soon.

Great job to you and Nat! Congrats Mark. And wow, what an epic finish! Glad Nat's ok, she's a tough one! We're so sorry we weren't able to be there, but your vivid trip report was a good second best. Good job!

Nothing like a little drama to spice a list-finishing hike, at least when the ending is happy. Carrigain was socked in the first time I hiked it too. The views demand a clear-day return, as I'm sure you will (and a shorter hike to boot). Sorry I couldn't join you, but the Utah Parks and Grand Canyon were calling.

Mark,
A wonderful story on your journey attaining the NH 48. Even though you ran into a few obstacles, you all managed to reach your goal. And Nat is a real "trooper". We were so glad that we could at least see you all off and partake in the dinner afterwards. Now onward to other marvelous hikes in the White Mountains! We'll see you soon.

Donna:)

Nice!

Sorry to have missed it, you know we'd have been there if we could! Glad that we got to do a few of them together, and we know we'll be doing some more! To think that we knew you when... 8 )

KDT

Great job to you and Nat! Congrats Mark. And wow, what an epic finish! Glad Nat's ok, she's a tough one! We're so sorry we weren't able to be there, but your vivid trip report was a good second best. Good job!
Thanks Dan. Wish you could have been there, but it was so nice of you and Janelle to stop by and drop off our post-hike treat. Still hoping we can find a hike to join you on this fall.

Nothing like a little drama to spice a list-finishing hike, at least when the ending is happy. Carrigain was socked in the first time I hiked it too. The views demand a clear-day return, as I'm sure you will (and a shorter hike to boot). Sorry I couldn't join you, but the Utah Parks and Grand Canyon were calling.
Thanks Mike. We'll definitely be back for that clear day view. Certainly don't blame you for not joining us - Utah NPs and the Grand Canyon are a pretty strong pull ;) Hope you had a great time out there!

Mark,
A wonderful story on your journey attaining the NH 48. Even though you ran into a few obstacles, you all managed to reach your goal. And Nat is a real "trooper". We were so glad that we could at least see you all off and partake in the dinner afterwards. Now onward to other marvelous hikes in the White Mountains! We'll see you soon.

Donna:)

Thanks Donna. Sorry things worked out as they did, but so glad that Mike was OK and that we at least got to join you for dinner a couple of times. Look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.

Sorry to have missed it, you know we'd have been there if we could! Glad that we got to do a few of them together, and we know we'll be doing some more! To think that we knew you when... 8 )

KDT
Thanks Kevin. We knew that you wanted to be there and completely understand why you couldn't. We'll definitely get on the trail together soon!!

What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing the last legs of your journey to complete the NH48. It must be wonderful to have done all 48 with your wife!

What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing the last legs of your journey to complete the NH48. It must be wonderful to have done all 48 with
your wife!
Thanks Chris. The fact that we got to do every one together was definitely the best part.