Mt. Garfield via Garfield and Garfield Ridge Trails

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NH Tramper

Reaction score
Date of Hike: Oct. 2, 2012

Trail Conditions: Normal early fall conditions as there were lots of wet leaves on the trails making them slippery in places. Due to recent rains the Garfield Trail was fairly wet with many muddy spots and standing and running water in places. Moreover, there were also a few older blowdowns. A couple of them I moved myself, the others were easy to walk around or go over. One, though, was rather large and made for an uncomfortable squat under -- that multi-trunk mess will need some power tools or a whole lot of time and muscle to remove. What small section of Garfield Ridge Trail I hiked was a good shape (this included the summit push section as well as an investigatory stroll down to the campsite).

Special Equipment Used: None yet.

Other: Bugs, none; foliage, right around peak or slightly past I'd say. The leaves in the Pemi were gorgeous, especially east of Owl's Head in the valley. Very nice.

Comments: Hiked this one with a friend and it was a gorgeous day. There were very few people out.

Mike "Tramper" Cherim
Nottingham NH

Last edited: