Foliage in Northern Presis at peak of past peak 10/5/12

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Still plenty of color on the trees but a lot more of it s on the ground in Gorham/Randolph. I expect with some rain and wind on Saturday its going to be knocked back even more by Monday.

The colors along the Kanc are/were fantastic on Friday, although I didn't get to shoot long before the haze and clouds moved in again. A super-frustrating year so far given the amazing colors and seemingly few opportunities to shoot. A lot of areas have moved into the later gold/yellow stage, but the higher valleys and low headwalls are still brimming with fantastic reds as well.

Here was from South Moat on Friday:

Colors-from-South-Moat_P1030297.jpg

Very nice color around Burlington and Stowe this past weekend - with some remaining green lending a nice contrast. Oddly, a bit further south along 89, many leaves had already fallen.

At Cub Scout Camp in SE CT this weekend whil maybe not a peak, lots of color & with rain that we have had lately, this weekend may have more color on the trails then trees.

Hopeful, if weather cooperates I can get up to the Lakes Region for a hike Saturday

There was still plenty of color in Jefferson on Sunday, the leaf drop is noticable as you head west out of the connecticut river drainage to the androscoggin river drainage so Waumbec is probably a good bet but Cabot via York Pond may be faded.

Driving Crawford Notch on 302 on Friday was spectacular.

Sunday driving from Errol through Grafton notch I could not help to think that the foliage was slightly tapering off.