Man vs Women

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed.I believe the request should come from the op.Maybe along the lines of settling for a intellectual win for trying to get some sort of thread going.Seems like some of the folks on our site here know a thing or two about hiking/climbing/ice climbing, but will not touch this well intended elephant.There is precedent for a op to request their thread closed,respectfully?I guess I feel this thread is like discussing what color your car is and how that relates to hiking for example.

Pretty sure an OP can delete any thread he or she started. I believe it depends on how the permissions for regular users are configured by the administator.

Last edited:
I decided to delete it.

Just an observation on this thread:

Of the last 125 threads that have been commented on in the General Backcountry Forum (5 full pages since mid-July), this one is in the top three for most viewed. The other two on the podium are the Spring Wildflower thread and the favorite town in the Whites thread.

People love controversy - even us.

Women really can't grow a good beard to keep warm in the winter. Ha! :)

Last edited:
Just an observation on this thread:

People love controversy - even us.

That's because this is like watching a train wreck....everyone is waiting for someone to say something stupid, and no one has taken the bait (more like chum) tossed out there in the OP.

Can someone please start a "dog" thread or a "should we pay for our rescues thread"??? PLEASE!

And as Raven said "we do love controversy". There is always the temptation to look and see if someone has said something really stupid yet, but hopefully we won't.