Fun in the Furnace - Arches NP - Moab UT

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gram

Reaction score
My husband and I recently took a trip out west - Boston to Denver to Grand Junction, CO, a really nice town. Next morming we drove thru the CO National Monument to Moab, UT. We visited Arches NP, Canyonlands NP, and Dead Horse State Park (skip this one!).

Here's a link to pictures of the hike in Arches called the Fiery Furnace. Only 75 people per day are allowed in, so you buy tickets ahead of time on the NP website. When you pick up your tickets at the Visitor Center they show you pictures of the "obstacles" you will face. Absolutely everyone on this site could do the hike, but non-hikers with no experience with scrambling over rocks would be uncomfortable. Pace was slow, as it was single file the whole 2 miles, took about 3 hours. Personally I liked the pace, time to take pictures and enjoy the great scenery.

In the pictures you see the ranger coaching people thru the obstacles. I thought it was great fun, really liked our ranger's talk. Hope you enjoy the pics!

https://picasaweb.google.com/gram12...&authkey=Gv1sRgCJzNwoOX3MagWw&feat=directlink

A few of us from here spent a week in Moab in April. Arches and Canyonlands. Same drive in from Denver. The Fisher Towers not too far from Moab is a spectacular hike to break up the drive.
Nice photos, thanks for sharing.

Like your avatar from RMNP. We went back in July to RMNP and have lots of close up elk views.