Thanksgiving in the Whites (or VT?). Where to eat?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miehoff

Reaction score
I was thinking of spending Thanksgiving in the mountains. It could be NH or VT, but since I am so much more familiar with NH, that seems most sensible. I would like to camp at a campground (Crawford Notch? Kanc?), hang at an awesome dinner place for warmth and some good cheer, and then get back to the tent for a fire and some tranquility. Problem is, who has a good dinner, and who will be open?

Any advice or alternative ideas are welcome.

A large group of hikers from the forum have enjoyed a fine Thanksgiving treat at the Highland Center in the past. They did a very nice job with the whole presentation..good times. I assume they are doing that again this year

I don't know your style and/or tastes, but if you want to go full-bore 'fancy-eatin', the Mountain View Grand has a nice Thanksgiving spread each year.

Elvio's pizza and camp at Hancock CG

Thanks! Might have to try one of these ideas. Highland sounds nice.

I'll cast a vote for either the Highland Center or Joe Dodge Lodge (Pinkham Notch Visitor Center) . You can't go wrong with either. At Highland you can buy beer and wine. At Pinkham it is BYOB.

Last edited: