Pierce & Jackson via Crawford Path - Jackson Webster Trail - 11/06/2012

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilmtnpiggy

Reaction score
What a beautiful day. I read some of the posts and prepared myself for a little bit of snow over 3000 feet. I packed winter hiking gear, but decided to wear my non-winter boots....I don't know why. Driving towards the mountains, I could see A LOT of snow on the high peaks and it was amazingly breathtaking, I didn’t notice the dusty snow on the ground....until I actually stepped out of my vehicle. I thought maybe I should have brought my winter boots. but oh well. Luckily I did have my micro spikes which helped along the way. Met up with a lone hiker on the way up to Pierce, a couple of Canadian Jays at the hut, and a man and a woman on Jackson. The condition was perfect with some sun breaking through good part of the day, no wind, felt like a foot of snow towards the tops. definitely recommend gators and traction. and winter boots ;) My boots were squishy at the end, frozen at times. Overall, great hike. My lil furry hiking partner is very satisfied :) I wish I had my camera on this trip. It was pretty gorgeous!