Proud to be a MATC Maintainer!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maineman

Reaction score
Well it's official. After years of saying "I should volunteer to do some trail maintenance" I finally pulled the trigger. My experience meeting trail volunteers on the PCT really inspired me to stop talking about it and act upon it.

I have joined the MATC and made a very enjoyable trip up to Grafton on Sunday along with Tom, the Baldpate District Overseer and Richard, a fellow MATC maintainer - to meet my adopted section of the Grafton Loop Trail which runs from the East Branch of Wright Brook to The Lane campsite. It is a beautiful piece of trail and I'm very much looking forward to helping keep it in great shape for years to come.

If you've ever thought about volunteering, but haven't yet I highly recommend it! I find the work to be very satisfying and I got to meet some great people as well.

Congratulations! And welcome to your new addiction. I worry about my trails every time there is storm.

Oh, and thank you.

Good for you!

I just enjoyed a night out about a month ago at Knoll tentsite during a 3 day/2 night loop, which I think is within your section? Nice trail through there.

Congrats! I'm really impressed by the MATC's trailwork! I'd like to volunteer sometime but find most of the group workdays are weekends, I work every weekend.. If you guys need any mid-week work let me know! (send me a pm on this site) great stretch of trail you got there!

Welcome aboard!! It certainly is a great area and thanks for volunteering...the AMC also has adopters in the area from Speck Pond Trail/May Cutoff area south on the Mahoosuc to the Mt. Success summit (Mahoosuc North Region) and connecting trails, and always looking for help...commendations to the all who volunteer and have to travel many, many miles to do this!!