RIP Porkchop, The Hiking Hound

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry to hear about Porkchop. Joe told me this spring that Porkchop had done the NH 48 six times and the ADK 46 once. That made him one of the premiere hiking dogs of the North East.

Well done Porkchop, Happy trails.

What a beautiful dog and outstanding mountaineer.
I am so sad for your loss. He had a wonderful life no doubt about it, the very best a dog good ask for. I extend to all who loved Porkchop my deepest sympathy.

Here is a little poem for you.

"As I walk across you heart
and find my place to stay,
nearer to you I will be
and never will go away."

~ A dog name Quackers (for his dog parent)

Maddy-Molly- Tucker

Last edited:
I did my first Presi Traverse in the company of Porkchop (and Paprika). What a wonderful dog, I still think of him while hiking in the Whites. I'm sure he has inspired many hikers, both two- and four-legged. His spirit will live on. Happy trails, Porkchop, on your next adventure.

RIP Porkchop, never met him but he sounds like an awesome hiking dog. Look up my dog Sierra porkchop she loved to hear your story's. Ive only had one dog ( ok now I have another one) when I lost my dog ( Sierra) is was tough, man was it was tough. If only our pets shared our life expectency. The thing that got me through it, every time I thought of her being gone, I shut out that thought and replaced it with a thought of us doing something together and having fun, it works.