Patric McCarthy

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In response to Mark S...

The O'Connell (PI) has in fact pressured the Attorney General's Office to have a grand jury review the evidence. He has been very forthright about his faith in the jury system; he strongly believes that the evidence is so overwhelming that no reasonable person or juror could ignore it. O'Connell said this in his interview with Cara Jones of Fox news. Do not forget that O'Connell is a defense attorney and is very well aware of how the system works, and has explored every avenue in his fight for justice. It is quite clear that the state police and attorney general's office have abused their discretionary power. O'Connell has faith that the citizens of New Hampshire would be very objective in reviewing all the evidence; however, the authorities have denied their citizens this opportunity.

SAR-EMT40 said:
If it took you 3 hours to get there, then it would take 4 or 5 hours minimum for the round trip. How long were the “murderers” out of someone’s sight. Long enough to kill Patric, drag the body up there and then get back??? And again, how much easier would the trip have been if you were carrying Patric up there on your back? This is a very simple timeline question. If you cannot answer this simple question then rethink this and consider accidental death. Also for the sake of Patrics’ family admit that this theory could not work given the timeline that the P.I. says it took to get to where Patric was located.

Answer the question. Logically, answer the question. You, TQuest and JoeC, cannot. Tquest & JoeC, Terrance O'Connell and Geoffrey McCarthy, are not paying attention to what the authorities are saying to you. They have reviewed your report and claims. They have reviewed the case files and evidence. It would be physically impossible for anyone you claim to have been involved with what is a terrible accident, to be involved. Human beings are not capable of being in two places at one time.

Lives have been shattered by Patric's death. Patric's father left his wife (myself) for our nanny, who gave birth to twins in December. Patric's siblings, biological and step, have lost not only their brother, but also their father and extended family as they knew it when Patric died. Patric's biological mother lost her only son, and his grandparents (Murray) lost their precious grandson whom they loved and adored. The family has been torn apart.

Ask the authorities why they won't "reopen" the investigation. They did "reopen" the investigation when you sent your report to the A.G. They have repeatedly looked into the allegations you have made, without delay. However, your allegations are not correct. Have you actually sat down and tried to sort out whether your "facts" are correct? They are not. The authorities know the facts. Do you two presume to be more intelligent than the FBI, State Police, NH Fish & Game, and local police??? How could all of these agencies put together ignore factual evidence if it were presented? It is not factual. Your report is not factual. It is full of lies, half truths, insinuations, and misinterpretaion. What is it you have to gain by all of this?

No amount of intimidation, lies, or simple bad information will ever be more clear than the truth. All the finger pointing in the world will not bring Patric back. It may help to assuage the guilt some family members feel for their lack of interest or involvement in Patric while he was with us, however it is deeply hurting those that were involved with closest to Patric. Instead of giving false hopes to Patric's immediate family, (parents & grandparents), that there might be an outlet of blame, take a minute to make sure that your "facts" are correct and logical. Try to take responsibilty for making 100% certain your allegations are 100% true. They are not.

Detective Chuck West did not sleep for the week Patric was missing, just like the rest of the authorities trying to find Patric and figure out what happened. Do you think that this was a one man show? Detective West was the only one investigating? He was not. He was supported by the rest of the State Police, FBI, Lincoln Police & NH Fish & Game. They are professionals. They left no stones unturned. They did not simply throw their hands up and walk away when Patric was found. Nor did Dr. Andrews and his team when he performed the autopsy. Now you claim a retired M.E. whom you are paying, is deeming "homicide" when he hadn't yet looked at a photograph of Patric when he was found? How is that possible to conclude?

I hope some day you can find peace. It will never be easy, and the pain will never go away. However, with the void and emptiness, comes an opportunity to take your loved ones, and hold them tighter. Hopefully, someday, the truth will set you free as well so that you might embrace your own children, and love them even more. I pray that some day you will find some amount of peace in your heart, as well as the rest of the family.

mlbsw said:
Answer the question. Logically, answer the question. You, TQuest and JoeC, cannot.............................

So far you have made the MOST sense on here. I'm sure there is much on this subject (underneath), that only those that are close to the situation would know (which you obviously are).

mlbsw said:
It may help to assuage the guilt some family members feel for their lack of interest or involvement in Patric while he was with us, however it is deeply hurting those that were involved with closest to Patric. Instead of giving false hopes to Patric's immediate family, (parents & grandparents), that there might be an outlet of blame, take a minute to make sure that your "facts" are correct and logical. Try to take responsibilty for making 100% certain your allegations are 100% true.

This passage probably speaks volumes of truth in MANY situations similar to this (including this one). I've been involved in thousands of "death investigations" and found it to most often be the emotion that drives allegations of "wrongdoing" or "official misconduct". That doesn't mean I (or we) sit in judgement of those that pursue that avenue (I don't)., After all noone knows how they'd react to such a sad and tragic event.

mlbsw, I hope that you continue to heal and someday are left only with cherished memories of young boy that left us waaaaaaaay to soon. Bless you.

TQuest and JoeC, I hope that you too find peace with this whole bit of sadness. JUSTICE FOR PATRICK will come in the form of letting his spirit rest in peace and letting the memory of the gifts he shared during his time with you be all that remain.

Also, please try to remember:

This is a hiking site and no-one here is involved in ANY official capacity with this case and cannot speak with any authority on the investigation. We all, as demonstrated, do share our sadness and grief with you, and have since the outset. The truth (whichever truth you seek) will not be found on VFTT.

Peace.

Last edited:
This discussion is probably best continued in email, PM's or another type of forum. We've been pretty far afield from anything related to hiking for quite a bit. I confess that this should have been done a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.