Map of the Belknap Range

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susan

Reaction score
A couple of us hiked Mt. Major over to Straightback last week using a very old trail map. We were thrilled to see the trail marked, since according to our map it would not be. Does anyone know where we can get an updated map? We'd like to hike the trails from Major to Gunstock. Thanks much! :)

Gilford public library sells them for a few bucks. They have a book of maps you can look thru and pick those you want to purchase. Not the best quality, but I believe they are all there is.

There is a great map available at the Gilford Public library on Belknap Mountain Road off 11A. It has all of the trails, including unmarked/unmaintained ones and descriptions on the back and natural features marked. It is also the only map. Just ask the librarian at the front desk and be ready to pay $3 cash. That is on the way to the trailhead for the gunstock, Belknap, Piper area, so you can get a hike in after picking it up.

I just picked up all the maps they had at the Gilford Library. There are a couple for the Ossipee range at the library as well. I spent $34. I probably could have passed on a couple but I don't get up that way during normal business hours very often so I took them all. I brought the ones I thought I'll use most to Infinite Imaging in Portsmouth and had them copied on tyvek so that they will stand up to the rigors of the trail.

Thanks, everyone, for the info on the Gilford Library. I'll get myself there and look at all the maps. Great idea, Scarpy, about the tyvek. I'm sure my hiking partner and I will do the same! Happy hiking!