Climbing Song Written on Monadnock

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaddyLongLegs

Reaction score
Hi folks. In preparation for my 2-day Pemi Loop this past summer, I hiked the Pumpelly Ridge Trail on Mt. Monadnock. During that hike, I wrote the lyrics for "I Don't Want To Think About Her Anymore", which is a climbing-themed rock song. Released at the end of November, the song has been played on about forty different radio shows, including the following stations within an hour or so of Monadnock: WMUA, WMHC, WNEC, WKNH, and Yurt Radio -- it even got me an on-air interview at WMUA.

I can't figure out how to embed the song, so here's the link to SoundCloud where it can be freely streamed/downloaded (I have nothing for sale there).

I hope you enjoy the song.

See you in the hills,

Sam Page

Nice tune!
I write all the time when I am hiking. I bring a pen and paper.
Seems like all those miles make my mind work in a creative way.

Guess you are in California, or no?

If you are local, do you play out?

Thanks Miehoff! I didn't have pen and paper, so I had to just keeping singing it over and over all the way down the Pumpelly Ridge!

I'm in California, but will be back in New England next summer. I've been invited to perform on a radio show or two in New England, so I might be making the rounds with my acoustic. I probably won't be doing any full band shows in the northeast until I can justify the expense, though.

Well, when you hit the radio shows, and if you need some mandolin backup, keep me in mind.