VT Hiking Map and Guide

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy

Reaction score
Is there any VT hiking guide and map set similar to that of the AMC's White Mountian Guide? I usually spend my hiking trips in the White Mountains, but think it may be time to expand. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

I like this guide from the Greenmountain Club. http://www.greenmountainclub.org/

072711.jpg

The Green Mountain Club's Long Train Guide will cover the Long Trail, VTs 4ks, and all of the side trails to the LT. Between that and the Green Mountain Club's Day Hikers Guide to VT I have found everything that I have looked for in VT.

"Hiking Green Mountain National Forest: Southern Section " by Bruce Scofield is a great book on the southern Greens with not just maps and hiking data but an interesting history of the industry/towns in the area...

Covers a lot of small peaks that might not get a lot of mention in areas off the LT/AT or even in the Day Hikers Guide by GMC which is another excellent book.

Also check out the GMC's book on VT firetowers called "360degrees"

Jay