want some montrail morraines cheap??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giggy

Reaction score
sorry for not putting this in the gear thread but I wanted everyone to see it quick.

The Tannery (Boston & Cambridge) is having a sale - I went in there looking for something unrelated to hiking and noticed they are selling morraines for 49 bucks!! I understand they are no longer making these boots - which is a shame,, but...

I don't know sizes but if you need a pair - its worth calling.

I have these boots and they are just awesome all around hiking boot that is a borderline mountaineering boot - they take most crampons.

http://www.thetannery.com/

I also have the morraines (over two yrs). Great boot for Fall and Winter in the Whites. Too big and hot for Summer. Been above tree line in death cold many times and my feet were happy (I use a VB in those deep cold days).

49 bucks is a great price if you can find your size.

I bought mine from STP for about $100 several years ago to replace my 15+ year old Limmers. I only use them in late fall/early winter when I need a fairly stiff boot for crampons, but it is a great boot.

-dave-

Morraines

yes there's a lot of sites selling them cheap. i tried them and i didn't like them. felt like cement overshoes on my feet. granted i like a good stiff boot but they were like a rock! i think i saw them on sierra also. if you want some really nice boots chk out the lhotse and the lowa montafons (sp?) sierra has some great deals right now if you are lucky enough to fit into whatever sizes are left.

I called the store in Boston and they said that only the Harvar Sq. store sells Montrail boots. So, I called that store and they said that they are sold out of Montrails. He said that I can buy them online at their website though. On the website they are $260. Ouch.

- darren

I'd like them to replace my Merrell Ridgelines, which are almost identical. I won't use them for a few more years, but it doesn't hurt to keep a good pair warming up in the closet - As Dave said, I like 'em early and late season hiking. I just picked up a pair on the phone at the Cambridge Tannery store. Size 11.5.

S'funny, I asked her to ship them to me ($5.00) and she said yes, I gave her my address (Sterling, MA) and she said she didn't know where it was. I said that's OK, I don't really know where Cambridge is (other than somewhere in downtown Boston) - She was surprised at that. dang transplants........

Last edited: