Bill Schor is #29 Grid finisher

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B the Hiker

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
From Hiker Ed

# # #
Hi to All

On Thursday, December 13, 2012, Bill Schor
became the "Twenty Ninth ( #29 )" finisher
of the "GRID".

Bill has now hiked the "48" NH four thousand footers
in "every calendar month" ( 12 x 48 = 576 ).

On this day, Bill completed his "GRID" on the summit of
Mt Jefferson. A spectacular "Blue Sky" presi day.

Bill was joined on this day by his lovely wife Diane. And,
along the way by a small contingent of friends & well-wishers.

CONGRATULATIONS TO BILL!!!!!!!!

I know you will all join me, in congratulations to Bill,
on completion of this fun & rewarding goal & achievement.

THANKS & TAKE CARE

ED

# # #

Brian

Congratulations! You should be very proud of this fine achievement.:D:cool:
I would be curious to read some type of report on how setting this goal, going through it and accomplishing it has changed or affected you life. Was it a growing and positive experience? What did you learn about yourself while accomplishing this goal? What skills or characteristics about yourself do you think you have further developed. I hope you might share more about your adventure. Again, I wish you a hardy congratulations.

nicely done, bill! even more awesome given your amazing recovery from a serious injury just a couple of years ago. truly inspirational.

bryan

Congrats. Always like when people finish any NH 4 list on Jefferson, a fitting tribute to Miriam and Robert Underhill, the first to climb all NH 4's in winter.

Sue (#3)

But -- might he have finished sooner if he hadn't included Mt. Nancy in his efforts?

From the U-L article:

Each mountain peak during each season holds its own challenges, so the grid is a particularly demanding and rewarding goal for a New Hampshire hiker.

Mount Nancy, for example, although only 3,926 feet tall, is particularly difficult because it is a “bushwack” mountain, meaning that the hike is off-trail, with no markers – just the hiker versus nature.

“There are a lot of areas up there where you’re not allowed to even break a branch,” said Schor. “You’re on your own,” he said. “No signs. It’s all part of the wilderness.”

Owl’s Head and Isolation are other bushwack hikes.

Perhaps a slight bit of editing could have preserved the Mt. Nancy information without linking it to the requirements of completing the grid. Mebbe...

Regardless, congratulations, Bill!

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20130124/NEWHAMPSHIRE1410/130129497/-1/news

Last edited: