The Cold Hard Facts Of Freezing To Death

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a book called Hypothermia, Death By Exposure by William Forgey, MD, which covers the topic pretty well. Not to mention the catchy title. :)

Of all the ways to die in the mountains, freezing to death would be at the bottem of my list. I still think of Guy Waterman sometimes and the choice he made.

I have read this story before. It is from a book by Peter Stark, Last Breath, The Limits of Adventure. Good read, thanks for sharing.

Not to make light of the subject (if I had to go : hypothermia on a great mountain would not be my last choice) : BUT: Re the thread title: If you are hard and cold - you died of hypothermia

Not to make light of the subject (if I had to go : hypothermia on a great mountain would not be my last choice) : BUT: Re the thread title: If you are hard and cold - you died of hypothermia
Actually hypothermia may be one of the nicer ways to go. The brain shuts down as it cools off.

You can have frozen extremities or surface flesh and still survive.

huh, I thought one of the points of the article was that you are not dead until you are warm and dead....
That is what the docs in the ER will tell you...

Doug