Mt. Liberty and Flume via Liberty Spring, FRT and Flume Slide Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine Chris

Reaction score
Summits : Mt. Liberty and Mt. Flume
Trails: bike path from Basin parking, short whack to Liberty Spring Tr. to Franconia Ridge Trail to Flume Slide Tr and out on whack and bike path
Date of Hike: 1-6-13
Trail Conditions: Hard Packed Trail, a little drifting on ridge, deep powder and ice on Flume Slide and packed powder on way out
Special Equipment needed: We stayed in boots with micro-spikes all day though we brought snowshoes in case they were needed. Only went through a few times between peaks, consider crampons on Flume Slide (it will make the icy areas easier to negotiate. Wish I had not been lazy and had brought them. Managed without but would have felt safer with them on during the Flume Slide decent,
Comments: Saw 3 or 4 dogs today. Looked to be having fun. I think Dave Bear's dog Thor was the only dog to do the Flume Slide! Great day out with Dave Bear and Thor, managed my food and water intake well today, no bonking and added # 6 and 7 to my winter list. Yeah!
My name: Sunshine Chris
[email protected]