Owls Head 1-9-13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfgang

Reaction score
Date of Hike: Wed. Jan 9, 2013

Trails: Lincoln Woods, Black Pond, Black Pond Bushwhack, Lincoln Brook, Brutus Bushwhack, Owls Head Path

Conditions: All trails were very well packed out. Some in our party wore snowshoes and others wore spikes to the base of the Brutus Whack. Snow shoes with televators worked well all the way to the summit. Because of the steepness of the Brutus Bushwhack, coming down was trickey. Some Butt sliding and and those on snowshoes were having issues. Hillsound Pros worked well. Crampons would not have been an overkill. The Black Pond Bushwhack was well packed, but the worst route I've seen in a while. The track went too high. But, I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. Thanks to those who broke it out. All crossings are nicely snow bridged over. Great day out with Hiker Ed, Guy Jubinville, and Sandy Price aka "Sleeveless". Only one other hiker out today. Nice talking with Dale again.

Sandy lost a pair of micro-spikes somewhere between Black Pond and the summit of Owls Head. If found please e-mail me at
[email protected]

Last edited: