Lookout Ledge (Crescent Range) via Grassy Lane; Pasture Path; Ledge Trail:10-Jan-2013

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1HappyHiker

Reaction score
The only trail on my route that was unbroken was the short 0.1 mile Grassy Lane connector trail. All the trails were in good shape with no blowdowns at any point along the route. A few of the stream crossings on the Pasture Path require some skillful maneuvering to avoid getting your footwear wet. At the trailhead, there was a plowed space on the shoulder of Randolph Hill Road that was large enough to accomodate about 2 cars.

Had plans to do a much longer loop-hike involving Mt. Randolph and Mt. Crescent. However, once parked at the trailhead, realized that I'd left my winter gaiters at home!! Scrounged around my car and found a pair of beaten-up summer gaiters. They worked fine for awhile, but upon arrival at Lookout Ledge, they were soaked and moisture was beginning to wick down into my socks. So, after visiting Lookout Ledge, decided it was best to head for the snowmobile trail for a quicker (and drier) route back to car. Being mid-week, only encountered one snowmobile, and so travel along this route wasn’t hectic (or smelly:eek:).

If you're signed up for Facebook, you can view a couple of photos from this trip by visiting my Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/1HappyHikerNH

Last edited: