Catskill questions?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drweo

Reaction score
Wondering about hiking conditions in the Catskills: Anyone been in to Table/Peekamoose from the Denning trailhead lately? Is the Neversink crossable?
Also, anyone been up Doubletop from Seager? Are the streams crossable? How's the climb up the ridge? Could someone please send me the phone number to call to ask permission from the landowner to go up that way?
Any information would be helpful in planning my hikes, so thank you in advance!

Wondering about hiking conditions in the Catskills: Anyone been in to Table/Peekamoose from the Denning trailhead lately? Is the Neversink crossable?
Also, anyone been up Doubletop from Seager? Are the streams crossable? How's the climb up the ridge? Could someone please send me the phone number to call to ask permission from the landowner to go up that way?
Any information would be helpful in planning my hikes, so thank you in advance!
The Neversink is bridged by 2 very large sturdy bridges (at least until the next Irene!).

Right now, the Seager to Doubletop approach should not be a problem, you only need to cross the tributaries (Flat iron and Drury brooks).

The phone # is Bill Scholl at (845) 586-4056

The Neversink is bridged by 2 very large sturdy bridges (at least until the next Irene!).

Right now, the Seager to Doubletop approach should not be a problem, you only need to cross the tributaries (Flat iron and Drury brooks).

The phone # is Bill Scholl at (845) 586-4056

Bill Fiedler took over as the new caretaker upon Bill Scholl’s retirement and he can be reached at (607) 221-1277 to arrange for
permission to hike.