Views from Wherever - What are your favorite viewpoints for various summits?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The view from my in-laws living room looking at Mt. Madison.

I once caught a very early morning sunrise shot, but facing west, from Bondcliff. Had the shadows of the Bonds pasted against the Franconia Ridge, full moon overhead, with my lab sleeping in the foreground on top of the cliffs. Amazing.

Oh, and the view of the inside of my cooler after a hot hike.

View from Iron Mountain Road in Jackson (at Iron Mountain TH) looking northward towards Washington, Wlidcats, etc.
Views from Isolation
Views of Bonds, Hale, Carrigain Notch from Whitewall sorry for the poor quality photo but you get the idea.IMG_2293.jpg

I find it's hard to beat Franconia any time of year but especially in winter!

Franconia Ridge winter.jpg

Love this one.
Chocorua%25252520%25252526%25252520Three%25252520Sisters%25252520057.jpg

One of my all-time favorites is the view from Zeacliff, particularly toward Carrigain Notch.

Two of my top already mentioned:

View from West Bond. Near Perfect.
View from Zealand Hut. Nothing like it in the Whites.

One I'll add (unless I missed it):

View from Adams summit into Great Gulf and Jefferson Ravine. Stunning.

West Bond toward anyplace is great, as mentioned before. One that has not yet been mentioned though for sheer distance is the view from Mt Abraham in Maine... the only place I know of where you can see Washington and Katahdin at the same time! (though from Washington you can see Marcy and the ocean if the atmosphere is right, so I guess that is even more)

I wasn't sure from the question if the views are supposed to be (in) the Whites, but I see that some of the responses concern views elsewhere. To add a view that hasn't been mentioned I would suggest the view from the top of Mt. Major looking out over lake Winnipesaukee toward Mt. Washington.

023-12_zps23a6e8f6.jpg

Sugarloaf in the Nash Stream Forest has a long range view of many mt ranges and plenty of 4krs in NH, VT, and ME, plus many mountains in Canada...it's worth the trip.....

I wasn't sure from the question if the views are supposed to be (in) the Whites, but I see that some of the responses concern views elsewhere. To add a view that hasn't been mentioned I would suggest the view from the top of Mt. Major looking out over lake Winnipesaukee toward Mt. Washington.

I don't think Lauky is capable of taking a bad picture. Such a handsome pup!

mountainwhite650.jpg

In Vermont, I love the approach to Mt Mansfield driving up the Mountain Rd towards Underhill State Park. It has to be my favorite (non-trail) view of a mountain in the state.

-Vino Vampyr

I have many favorites but off the top of my head my top 5 could include 1.) View towards Basin & Marcy from Pyramid Peak 2.) Colden & Marcy & the Range from Algonquin 3.) Franconia Ridge from Lonesome Lake 4.) Northern Presi's from Mt. Clay 5.) Madison & King Ravine from Crag Camp. Next week without referencing what I wrote here the list would likely be different, although the Pyramid Peak view would always be in it.

My favorite Vermont mountain view is sadly from the Expressway heading towards Burlington (north) just past the Stowe exit, there is a stunning view of Camels Hump with almost the full 4K' relief in front of you. Need to focus to keep eye on the road some days, seen it a jillion times but never tire of it.

Last edited: