Something for everyone - Extreme Mountain Unicycling!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been real for a while. I mountain bike with a friend who takes her Uni (and her 11-year old daughter, also on a Uni) and they just rip. They can't quite match the speed of a two wheeler, but they're pretty amazing on the technical stuff.

Impressive! At least you don't have to worry about going over the handlebars.

I did RAGBRAI a few years ago and there was a fellow riding one - a rather tall one, with pedals about 3' off the ground. I never saw him go downhill, but he must have, as there are lots of them in the 550 miles or so across Iowa. Apparently he'd done the ride several times in the past. Am going to do it again this summer, and will be curious to see if he's also there.

Wow. That is impressive. Uni-cycling is tough enough, I can't imagine going down a mountain on one. Good for them!

I did RAGBRAI a few years ago and there was a fellow riding one - a rather tall one, with pedals about 3' off the ground. I never saw him go downhill, but he must have, as there are lots of them in the 550 miles or so across Iowa. Apparently he'd done the ride several times in the past. Am going to do it again this summer, and will be curious to see if he's also there.

Well, they do have one brake, or they can have a brake installed.... Not sure if that answers your question if there was one..

Jay

A running friend of mine from Alabama is also into mountain/trail unicycling.
He rode down Mt. Elbert (Colorado's highest peak) a couple summers ago! :eek:

PS: Jay, every time I see your avatar, I want to eat ice cream.

Last edited:
A running friend of mine from Alabama is also into mountain/trail unicycling.
He rode down Mt. Elbert (Colorado's highest peak) a couple summers ago! :eek:

PS: Jay, every time I see your avatar, I want to eat ice cream.

That's funny, so do I! :D

Jay