Congratulations to the latest Grid Finishers - Earl and Sue

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
I had the distinct pleasure yesterday, Saturday 2/16, to join Earl and Sue on their last two summits on their Grid. I knew the event was coming up one of these months but having missed Earl's Facebook post, luckily Earl sent me a PM Friday and I managed to make it down to Appalachia in the morning. I was expecting a larger crowd but it ended up just us three. I will let Earl make one of his traditionally extensive trip reports for the details but it was a great day to hike. For the record we climbed Adams first and Madison second. It was not a great view day with the exception of some really interesting conditions just at the summit of Adams but other than that the calm winds and great snow conditions were hard to beat. Sues peanut butter squares rounded out the day.

Despite Sues "no more lists" rules over the years, I expect there will be more lists

Congratulations to both for this epic quest! This was almost enough to overcome my disinterest in Winter peakbagging, although I too learned about it only at the last minute, since I don't frequent Facebook that much, but since I don't even own a pair of microspikes, I would have been a hindrance at best. Whether or not there are more lists, I hope there are more Trip Reports and photos. I also look forward to some three-season hikes.

Congrats to earl and sue. Been reading those trips reports for quite some time.

And a thanks to big earl for opening so many of them up for others to join.

Congratulations Earl and Sue!
We heard you were on Madison and Adams, which we were also. We looked for you but must have zigged when you zagged. While we never got the great views the weather sure was great for you to finish. Thanks for letting us join you and for sharing your mountain knowledge.
Ken and Karen

Congrats Earl and Sue! It has been fun following and reading your TRs over the years. Keep 'em coming.

Congratulations to Big Earl and Sue on their grid finish. It was to finally meet you two. We have used he information in your trip reports and have enjoyed reading your adventures. Dennis good to see you again. BTW there is always another list!

Congratulations Earl and Sue! I wish I could have joined you but for some reason I lost all your contact info. I also do not navigate this site very well and have not found any of yor trip reportssince last winter.

Congrats Sue & Earl! Glad to have joined you guys on the Wildcat's, Oct 9, 2010!

Congratulations Earl and Sue! After that many hikes together I bet it would feel like you're doing something wrong or you forgot something if you went out solo! Always better when you can share the experience!

A big CONGRATULATIONS!!! to both of you on your grid finish. I thought about joining you but was not sure I was up for it or not. I thought I might see you at the Highland Center in the morning before your hike but I gather I missed you or it wasn't on the way for you. I know you often stop there to gear up for hikes. I ended up doing Tom, Field and Willey. I am glad you had a decent day without high winds. I hope to continue to see you both out on the trails even though you've finished the grid. Again, congrats. Finishing the grid is quite an accomplishment. I look forward to your trip report and more pics. Hey, did Sue water down some snow and make a snowman?

Congratulations to both of you! Your trip reports are always accurate, informative, and classy. Can't wait to read this one.

Congratulations, Earl and Sue! That's a whole lot of hiking but also a whole lot of fun to complete the 48x12. That's also a whole lot of snowmen built along the trail. :D

John & June
Grid Finishers #17