Return to Isolation - 2/26/13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtruman

Reaction score
After enjoying Mt Isolation so much last summer we knew we had to get back up there in winter. After three great days of hiking since Saturday on our February vacation in the Whites, Tuesday provided the perfect opportunity. Trails were packed after the weekend snow and weather conditions were great. No blue skies or summit views this time, but the walk through the beautiful forest made it more than just worthwhile. Best of all, we were able to join Mike and Donna (Jimmy Legs and Little D) for summit #43 in their NH48! Congratulations guys - almost there!!

Here's the blog post: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/return-to-isolation.html

and a couple of views on a "viewless" day...

Birch Glades on the Engine Hill Bushwhack
IMG_5618.JPG

Jimmy Legs and Little D Claim #43
IMG_5599.JPG

Awesome trip report and photos. You folks had a great snowshoe highway. I am green with envy. The forest was beautiful. Congrats to you all.

IMGP8089.JPG

This guy here is looking pretty pleased with himself. Pic was taken about three minutes before we met you at the intersection. Fun times ...

Awesome trip report and photos. You folks had a great snowshoe highway. I am green with envy. The forest was beautiful. Congrats to you all.

Thanks Chris. We definitely managed to hit the right day for this one in many ways. It was awesome out there.

This guy here is looking pretty pleased with himself. Pic was taken about three minutes before we met you at the intersection. Fun times ...

And well he should be! I think it's so great to see people out teaching their kids to love the outdoors. Winter camping and hiking the 4000 footers is going above and beyond (so to speak). They're going to be hooked for life!!

And well he should be! I think it's so great to see people out teaching their kids to love the outdoors. Winter camping and hiking the 4000 footers is going above and beyond (so to speak). They're going to be hooked for life!!

Thanks. It's been a great thing for all of us.