"Road Too Long" - aborted Pemi Loop attempt, 3/9/13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaze

Reaction score
Here's a two minute slide show of my aborted Pemi Loop attempt from Saturday 3/9. Pat (Bombadil) pushed on alone (see his write up under NH Trail Conditions) to finish his Loop in 15 hours - outstanding! Congratulations Pat.

Kate and I made the right choice for us, and headed down Greenleaf/OBP after summiting Lafayette, and in so doing had a strenuous but still pleasurable day.

It was so nice to be above treeline again on a "bluebird day" after a long frustrating winter of weekend storms, dangerous wind chills, and high summits in the clouds.

A few shots:

Ready to roll at Lincoln Woods
p1470896442-4.jpg

The view north from Liberty, just after sunup
p1470896520-4.jpg

Kickin' up some dust
p1470896860-4.jpg

Pat out in front - still visible, but not for long!
p1470896684-4.jpg

Thanks to Kate and Pat. Congratulations once again Pat, and best of luck finishing your 100 this winter!

Photo gallery

...a long frustrating winter of weekend storms, dangerous wind chills, and high summits in the clouds.

That wraps it up pretty well! Glad to see you were able to get on on such a super day. Perfect music for your journey, BTW.

A 'full' Franconia Ridge hike in Winter is always a fun one especially on a day like we had yesterday. I like the video too, pretty neat. I wish it wasn't so darn windy to start so we could have enjoyed the sunrise. Looking forward to getting together on a hike again sometime in the near future!
Pat