Hiking on Saturday, 3/16/2012

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGEarl

Reaction score
I’m working on my hike plans for Saturday, 3/16/2013.

Is anybody interested in getting together for a hike on Saturday? Are there any planned hikes that I might be able to join?

Respond here or send a PM.

after watching you and Sue on this forum methodically plan and report your hikes over the last 2-3 years, it sure is different to see you with indecision and flexibility at this point in the week. I mean that in a positive way! Congrats again to you two!

Thanks Keith,

I hope to hike this weekend and prefer not to go solo. Consequently, I'm flexible.

There is a list of preferred targets that I have for each month. And, I have an early wake-up on Sunday, which means I'll favor an earlier hike plan.

I'm hoping to do Monroe through Adams and possibly stay over at Gray Knob or Crag Camp. Having trouble figuring out how to get my car up to Lowe's for my exit. Planning to finish my winter peaks on Jefferson and Thor's all season on Adams. With the holiday and last winter weekend the camps might be busy!

Earl -

I have some friends who are doing Carrigan Saturday. If you're interested, PM me with your email address, and I can put you in touch.

Kevin

I'm hoping to do Monroe through Adams and possibly stay over at Gray Knob or Crag Camp......
Dave,

I've got a list of targets that I'm trying to focus on and I'll most likely be working lower elevations. Good luck to you and Thor on the finishes.

Earl -

I have some friends who are doing Carrigan Saturday. If you're interested, PM me with your email address, and I can put you in touch.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin - PM sent.

We'll be on Carrigain on Saturday. I'm hesitant to suggest we make a large party out of ourselves since we include several kids and our pacing can be sort of erratic, but we'll be out there, trying for boots on trail around 7 AM. I'll look forward to meeting you (again), if that's where you go.

We'll be on Carrigain on Saturday. I'm hesitant to suggest we make a large party out of ourselves since we include several kids and our pacing can be sort of erratic, but we'll be out there, trying for boots on trail around 7 AM. I'll look forward to meeting you (again), if that's where you go.
It's looking like a Carrigain day for Saturday.

I don't know the details at this point but I'm sure our paths will cross. Looking forward to it as well.

Remember to bring extra film for your camera - Carrigain views can cause a large number of pictures.

Hi Earl,
Brian and I will be hiking Carrigain, Rt. 302 Sawyer River Rd (trail head) meet at 7:45. We hiked Isolation with you winter.
John

I'm looking to do something Presidential either Sunday or Monday. As of today Monday looks to be the better day. I have option to take Monday off. I'm favoring Jefferson, Monroe, or Washington. Doesn't need to be all of them depending on conditions etc.

I'm looking to do something Presidential either Sunday or Monday. As of today Monday looks to be the better day. I have option to take Monday off. I'm favoring Jefferson, Monroe, or Washington. Doesn't need to be all of them depending on conditions etc.
Hey Jazzbo,

I'm planning to visit Carrigain tomorrow and can't hike on Sunday or Monday. That's too bad, I'd enjoy getting together with you this weekend.

Enjoy your day off.

^^ Hi, everybody! Seven AM turned into eight turned into almost nine, but it was fun getting out! Congratulations & happy winter!

Agreed! This was the one hike in 20 where we left the snowshoes at home, and there were times we wished we had them if only to avoid going into these leg-breaker traps. Yikes!