If at First You Don't Succeed... - Mt Abraham and Ellen 3/9/13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtruman

Reaction score
In January we turned around almost before we started on Abe and Ellen on a very inhospitable day. Last weekend we went back to Vermont to finish what we started. What a difference! Saturday was one of the most beautiful winter days we've ever spent in the mountains and a bunch of potential challenges didn't keep us from taking full advantage of it.

Here's the blog post: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/if-at-first-you-dont-succeed-mt-ellen.html

and a couple of views:

Early morning watercolor
IMG_5632.JPG

Monroe Skyline and beyond
IMG_5680.JPG

Winter Wonderland
dsc02295.jpg

Mark,
What a fantastic day! The snow is gorgeous. Maybe, some of the best I've seen posted. Glad to hear that Kim made out well without too much difficulty with the microspikes. I assume that she found the snowshoes where they were left. It happens to all of us. You and Nat don't have too many more to reach your goal of #67. Which Maine peaks are left? One day we will venture into VT.

Donna:)

Excellent! Have yet to do them in winter, but looking forward to it as your report and pictures tell me I must do!

KDT

Yes you must Kevin! Just let us know when you're ready - we're ready to go back with you.

Mark,
What a fantastic day! The snow is gorgeous. Maybe, some of the best I've seen posted. Glad to hear that Kim made out well without too much difficulty with the microspikes. I assume that she found the snowshoes where they were left. It happens to all of us. You and Nat don't have too many more to reach your goal of #67. Which Maine peaks are left? One day we will venture into VT.

Donna:)

Thanks Donna. Yes, the snowshoes and poles were sitting right where we'd left them next to the car when we got back. Not sure how none of us saw them either Friday night or Saturday morning. :confused: As for remaining Maine peaks - Crockers, Reddington, Bigelows, Abraham, Old Speck, North Brother and Hamlin. Perhaps a finish during our Baxter trip this summer...

Way to go!

Thanks Tom. Seems we've been hanging out in some of the same places this winter (and nice places they are!)