We Did It! 48 Finish on Carrigain, Saturday 3/16/13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mirabela

Reaction score
They say a picture is worth a thousand words ... which may be hyperbole, but even so, our ten-minute musical slide show will have to stand in for all the trip reports we didn't write over the last four years! ;)

Thanks to everyone here for all the encouragement, trail conditions, and warm greetings along the way.

Congratulations
Big accomplishment for the family
And to you for doing all the planning, driving and at times coaxing
And keeping on track and keeping it fun for all

That was a great video! I hope some day to bring my "future" tikes along for such amazing outings.

Nicely done and congratulations,

Z:D

You may have had the latest start but I think you ended up with the best summit views. sun just kept coming out more and more as the afternoon went along.

Probably true. My favorite view of the day was on the way home, actually, looking up at the clearing cloud hats over the high prezies behind the Mt. Washington hotel in the pink evening light. Now that was something.

Tim, ajtiv, Z -- thanks! It's been tremendous fun. One of the things I really enjoy, looking at it all together, is how Elmore shows up more and more often as time goes on -- kid is running with the big dogs now, laying big plans of his own. And, yes, the music -- anybody who gets a chance to see those guys play, should. They tear it up.

Congrats Mirabela.have enjoyed your posts here for a while now.Great peak to finish on also.Hope you can get the tent out tonight for one final run....

That's so awesome!! There's nothing like being out on the trail to create many special memories and close family bonds. Congratulations to you and your family!!!

Congratulations to all! I also enjoyed following Isidora the past 4 years on her adventures. Nice to meet you too on Isolation.
How many more does your wife and son need to complete the 48?

Donna:)

Thanks, Red Oak, Espy, and Donna --

Red Oak, I am very much looking forward to this major dumping of snow they're predicting -- if we can finish things off with some epic late winter / spring skiing, it will be the best year ever.

Donna -- I think this leaves Kelly with 43 to go, and I'm not so sure you'll ever find her checking them off on a list or keeping her own count. Elmore ... 41 left? He opted in on three of our last four trips & he can certainly run with the big dogs now, but the Long Trail has been his project, so when he's calling the trips that's where we usually go.

Wherever we end up, I'm a lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky guy.

Wherever we end up, I'm a lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky guy.

Yes, you are. I would be consider myself lucky and blessed also to be able to in some version follow in your footsteps. Congratulations to both of you. The Pemi Loop youtube video you posted a couple years ago made a lasting impression on me as a new mom at the time. This is grand.

Congratulations! Awesome to see family enjoying hiking together. Here's to more wonderful hiking adventures as a family!

Thanks Rob, Early Bird, Lefty, WeRmudfun, MTNRUNR, Chris, and Jason --

It's been a great joy. I'm looking forward to a mellow weekend, though -- this Saturday's agenda is to load up the pulk with firewood, pull it up the birch knoll in the back woods, and meet our neighbors up there for a marshmellow roast. The Next Big Plan can wait a little ...