Grace Peak / Grace Hudowalski #9 Documentary

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adkclimber

Reaction score
Dear All,
My name is Douglas R. Arnold and I represent the 46ers as Chair of the Grace Peak Project. We have been working for almost 10 years now to rename East Dix to honor a true blue Adirondack heroine, Grace Leach Hudowalski #9.
We think that once you see the documentary, “The Mountains Will Wait For You”, you will agree she is worthy.
TRAILER LINK >>>>>>> http://www.themountainswillwaitforyou.com/view-trailer/
Grace Leach Hudowalski #9.
 Born in Ticonderoga , raised in Minerva.
 Was the first woman and ninth person overall to climb the 46 high peaks of the Adirondacks.
 Was a founding member and the first president of the Adirondack Forty-Sixers.
 Served as the historian of the Forty-Sixers for sixty years.
 Edited Adirondac, Cloudsplitter, Peeks, and High Spots magazines.
 Was supervisor for the New York State Department of Commerce, 1948-1961.
 Was president of the N.Y.S. State Folklore Society.
 Encouraged and advised hikers climbing the 46 high peaks through the writing of 50,000 personal letters.
 Created an archive within the N.Y.S Library to house all 46er climbing records for posterity.
 Hosted a weekly radio program which helped promote recreation in the Adirondacks.
 Was honored in 1986, by both houses of the N.Y.S. assembly for her accomplishments.
 Used her life savings to create the Adirondack 46er Conservation Trust.
 Received the Adirondack Mountain Club’s “Trailblazer Award.”
Please do not miss this opportunity. Come to Lake Placid May, 25, 26 or 27 and meet Grace.
TRAILER LINK >>>>>>> http://www.themountainswillwaitforyou.com/view-trailer/

Good Climbing, Grace!
So many mountains, too little time
Douglas R. Arnold #4693W
62 Pendergast Road
Phoenix, New York 13135
Home: 315-695-4441
Cell: 315-466-9833
[email protected]

Douglas,

I totally agree that East Dix should be named Grace Peak, she was a great woman. Just wish that the documentary wasn't premiering on the same weekend as the new Saranac 6, will still try to go see that documentary one of those three days though as I think is is important and am looking forward to it. Also wish that persons who are attempting their 46 could still have a correspondent. I am a 46er who has hiked 21 peaks with someone telling them to start writing to a correspondent how nice that is, what a great experience I had and now she had procrastinated and has to just send in the list when she is done:(