Mattabesett at Mount HIgby

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half Knot

Reaction score
Hey all,

We're looking at our normally full calendar, and for some reason it looks like we have some time next Saturday for a half day hike. We're looking at heading up Mount Higby since my 13 year old loves rocks, climbs and light scrambling. Any advice on this one?

Would be glad to have some company on the walk as well if anyone else was going to be in the area. Not sure on time of departure yet, but it will probably be late morning.

Half Knot

Hey all,

We're looking at our normally full calendar, and for some reason it looks like we have some time next Saturday for a half day hike. We're looking at heading up Mount Higby since my 13 year old loves rocks, climbs and light scrambling. Any advice on this one?

Would be glad to have some company on the walk as well if anyone else was going to be in the area. Not sure on time of departure yet, but it will probably be late morning.

Half Knot

Higby's a very pretty hike and not too long. From what I saw on the Giant this yesterday, the trail should be entirely clear of ice by next weekend, given the weather forecast. Let's hope for good weather - I'd enjoy joining you if possible.

Great hike! My advice? Stop at Guida's for milkshakes when you're done! If you park at Guida's you can extend your hike by another 10 or so minutes with some flat trail to warm up/warm down on before the climb. There's a side trail that starts at their parking lot.