Road to Berlin Fish Hatchery

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've never done Cabot from the Fish Hatchery and am thinking of going later this week. Is the road passable without a 4-wheel drive vehicle. I don't want to get stuck.

Also, has anyone been up to Cabot via the York Pond, Bunnell Notch, and Killkenny Ridge Trails lately? Is the trail easy enough to follow?

The road is paved to the parking lot. Just watch out for moose. If you take York Pond trail to the notch between North Weeks and South Terrace, the trail up south terrace is bit sketchy to follow as the blazes were on birches in open woods and the trail bed is not well established. Direct via Bunnel Notch is easy to follow but the upper section is wet.

Thanks. I didn't know that the road was paved. I guess I just assumed it was like all the other forest roads.

I was only going to take the York Pond Trail as far as the Bunnell Notch Trail junction, not all the way to the notch between North Weeks and South Terrace.

It's even plowed during the winter. I saw 2 Prius's at the York Pond TH in February this year. It's bumpy in spots but definitely passable in any highway vehicle.