Our Hiking Community has lost one of its best canine friends tonight

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear this, and sad for K and J. I prefer to think of Canine Friends as not being " lost" in that manner but just traveling ahead to prepare the way for us to follow. It is a huge gift of love to free them for that journey, regardless of how it shreds one's heart.

Breeze

I am so sorry and very sad to hear of your loss. I extend to you my deepest sympathy.

I would like to share this little poem with you. Over the years it helped me find comfort and I hope it blesses you in the same way. It was written by "Quakers" with the help of her human, Elaine Seamens.

"As I walk across your heart

and find my place to stay,

nearer to you I will be

and never will go away"

With deepest regret. May the incredible memories you have of Emma give you some solace during this difficult time.

Maddy, Molly, Sir Tucker

Last edited:
Dogs are Gods gift to us as mankind and as the movies says, "All Dogs Go to Heaven". They are angels themselves.

Prior to my mother's death we got her a puppy that was truly sent from heaven. She became a part of her final years as well as an important part of our recovery.

I am sorry for your loss. I know that pets are just as much a part of the family as people. Some better company :eek:

My deepest condolences,

Z

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll miss seeing her sweet presence in your trip report photos.
-vegematic

Sorry for your loss. I have memories of many great hikes with Emma.

I never met sweet Emma in person, and I am fighting back tears. What a lovely dog person she was. Thank you so much, Kevin and Judy, for sharing with us her many adventures with you. She and you are an inspiration, and I am sorry for your loss. Her bright smiling face and zest for and love for the mountains resonate with many fellow hikers, of both two- and four-legged varieties.

I am very sorry for your loss. I lost my beloved best friend Sierra less then a year ago and it was one of the hardest things I ever experienced, she was my first dog. When I got really down, I focused my thoughts on what we did, not what was now gone, although no matter what, its still hard. God Bless Emma. Our dogs are not pets, they are our family members.

So sorry to hear of this. I've always enjoyed your reports and pictures and admired the little dog that climbed big mountains. She sure lived life to the fullest.

I still cannot find quite the right words to say thank you to all of you. There has been an enormous outpouring of love from the hiking community and beyond for the little dog with a heart as big as any mountain. It is unbelievable to us that she is really gone, but knowing that she touched so many other hearts helps ease the pain... In time I'm sure we will again be able to feel the joy she gave us, but right now the pain of her loss is too fresh... When I am able I will write her last trip report, until then there is this... it is all I could muster just yet... Thank you all so much!

http://ghostflowersvision.blogspot.com/

KDT

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of dear Emma. Our beloved 4 legged friends give so much to us and make up such an important part of our lives. The photos and story are beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. I have followed Emma's adventures for several years now and have enjoyed your sharing her with us here on Views. May God comfort you both in your time of loss. Remember all your great times together fondlyl.

So sorry to hear of your loss. I was not fortunate enough to have met her, but enjoyed reading about your adventures together. She was an inspiration for my dog, Simon, and I along the trails.....