The MiRacle in Damascsus ...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gris

Reaction score
In the midst of a blissful four days traversing Appalachian Virginia, on and off trail, we found ourselves magically floating back and forth from 'tent city' to 'vendor city' and all points between. Much of what happened was indescribably delicious. But then Saturday afternoon tragedy and mayhem struck like a lightening bolt, for a while. While i was stuck in my four wheeler in a traffic jam out of all proportion to the venue, unbeknownst to me, a half mile away a new friend i had shared dinner in the woods with a hundred miles away two nights before, was rolling a car off thru-hikers run over by an out of control float car in the annual thru-hikers parade. Given the speed of the car, mass of humanity and several life-flight copters coming and going the new few hours, an unprecedented tragic disaster seemed like the only end in sight. A blanket of dread fell over the whole community. Yet, a loud roar and then cheers erupted late night at the bonfire/drum-circle/primitive dance area when it was announced that due to quick thinking, community of spirit and heroic efforts, a miracle had occurred and no one was killed or even seriously injured.

Long live the thru-hiker spirit!!! :D