The Presidential Range via... (see post for peaks and trails) - 6/6

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NH Tramper

Reaction score
Date of Hike: June 6, 2013

Peaks: Madison, Adams, Sam Adams, Jefferson, Clay, Washington, Monroe, Little Monroe, Franklin, Eisenhower, Pierce, Jackson, and Webster.

Trails: Valley Way, Osgood, Gulfside, Adams Loop/Israel Ridge, Rockwhack to Sam Adams, Jefferson Loop, Clay Loop, Trinity Connector, Crawford Path, Monroe Loop, Webster Cliff, Webster-Jackson (Webster Branch), and the Webster-Jackson Trails.

Trail Conditions: To begin, Valley Way had some blowdowns, large easy-overs before Scar junction, as well as some light mud and water in some sections, after the junction (my adopted segment) there was some of the same, and a couple of more passable blowdowns I will clean up as soon as I can. All Other Trails minus the trails south of the Crawford Path were in great shape with light, nearly-dry mud (today). Of course there was running water on the trail just south of the LOC Hut, as per the norm. Webster-Jackson (Webster Branch) had a few blowdowns, some annoying, and some more significant mud and water, and the Webster-Jackson Trail was also a bit muddy and somewhat wet. Jefferson ice field still has a little snow.

Special Equipment Used: None.

Comments: Hiked this extended single day Presi traverse with Trail Trotter Sue (a.k.a. Rock Hopper Sue) and we had a terrific hike offering up about 24 miles with 10,000 feet in gain more or less. We started at 1:45am and the well-timed Madison sunrise was awesome, temps cool to mild, and the sun shone most of the day. No rain. Gross hike time was about 16 hours 15 minutes (under book) with many breaks, but we could have done this a lot faster.

Mike "Tramper" Cherim
Nottingham NH

Last edited: