Looking for Sil-nylon Tarp with Grommets/Leaky Black Diamond Tent

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a BD Lighthouse tent from 2006 or 2007. I noticed little stars on the fabric when looking through the tent wall at an LED lantern in the dark. The tiny white spots from the LED light like pinholes, but they are much smaller.

That night, a steady but soft rain fell. The tent was under some trees, so occasional drops plus rain caught on leaves disturbed by the wind fell on the tent. I started to feel some drips inside. In the morning my pad was damp and my bag was very damp, but there was no need for a sponge. Other people have reported similiar issues with the tent, even nearly-new tents.

I wonder if these pin holes or normal or some fungus grew on the tent, made these tiny holes, and disappeared?

I'd rather not replace it, so Im looking for to string a temporary rain fly over it just in the bad weather. Anybody know who makes a ready to go sil-nylon tarp with grommets?

Check out Integral Designs.

I made a sil-nylon fly at less than half the cost of a manufactured one. It took me two evenings to make a hexigon shape with webbing reenforced parabolic edges aproox 12'x8'. I purchased fabric, webbing, thread and seam sealer from the same source. Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics. http://www.owfinc.com/fabrics.html

I am very happy with the outcome, I rarely sew, but have access to a sewing machine. I'll post a photo tonight.