Seeking ride 6/27 - Stony Br TH to Pinkham

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdways01

Reaction score
Thursday of this week (6/27/13) I am going to start a traverse up over the Wildcats, Carters, and to Moriah. I am hoping to leave my car at Stony Brook TH so that I can end up at my car at the end. I was wondering if anyone here might be heading down Rt 16 in the morning that I could arrange a ride with to Pinkham Notch so I can start off on the Lost Pond Trail. While it is a bit of a drive in the morning for me to get there, I can be at the TH around 8am give or take some in each direction.

If not, are there any reasonably priced services in/around Gorham other than the AMC hiker shuttle (I'd like to start earlier than it would go by)?

Any help is appreciated.

~Adam

Hi Adam,

Not everyone is comfortable doing it, but this might be the easiest hitch in NH. I've been picked up along this route when I wasn't even looking for a ride....and a few times when I have been.

Hi Adam,

Not everyone is comfortable doing it, but this might be the easiest hitch in NH. I've been picked up along this route when I wasn't even looking for a ride....and a few times when I have been.

I know that hitching is a good possibility here, but if I arrange something ahead of time, I know for sure I have a ride. Hitching is a possible backup plan for me, expecting that at that time of day it might not be too hard.

Hitching works. I always make a point to pick up hitchhiking hikers.

What's funny is that every time I've thumbed a ride, I've always been picked up by non hikers who "never pick up people off the road."

The hitching option when we did this last spring was a bit less successful (from Joe Dodge to Pinkham on our way out). Took between 45 minutes and an hour before somebody finally stopped (lost count of how many cars went by). I don't think this is typical though. The "Pinkham" sign is a great idea.