Flags on the 48 --2013 edition

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentCal

Reaction score
2013 Flags on the 48 is here.

The 12th Annual "Flags on the 48" Memorial Event will be taking place on Saturday September 14th from noon until 2:00pm. Groups of hikers will travel to all the 4000 foot peaks in New Hampshire and raise flags to serve as a memorial for all those who died on 9/11. Flags will fly for two hours and then be removed. This is a Leave No Trace event.

History and details of the event can be found on the main website here:
www.Flagsonthe48.org

Signups will be held on Monday August 12th at 6:00pm on the Flags on the 48 website.

Should you have any questions, forward me a PM and I'll help you out the best I can.

Thanks to all the past flagbearers. You folks are the ones that keep this event going

Bond , Bondcliff, South Carter, North Hancock, South Hancock, Isolation, Owl's Head, North Twin, Washington, Zealand Are in need of Adopters. Please consider helping out.

Last edited:
Bond , Bondcliff, South Carter, North Hancock, South Hancock, Isolation, North Twin, Washington, Zealand Are in need of Adopters. Please consider helping out.

Fixed that quote. Owls Head is taken. ;)

Thanks a lot to both of you. You took some peaks that always are tough to find people for. Can't thank you enough.

Hi all,

I haven't seen any sign-ups for Mt. Washington. Is anyone aware of something in the works? I am sure that someone will volunteer but it is a little surprising that that no one has committed.

History and details of the event can be found on the main website here:
www.Flagsonthe48.org

Z :D

All peaks are accounted for. 14 days to go. Please check your peaks trips and routes folder for info. Please post information for your peaks as well.