Gordon Pond Along the Kinsman Ridge Trail - OK for Camping?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Driver8

Reaction score
West Hartford, CT (Photo: Sages Ravine, Salisbury,
Am planning a backpack in the southwestern Whites and considering camping one night at Gordon Pond. How is this place for camping? I seem to remember reading good things about it along the way. What intel can you share? In addition to camping specs, anything you can share about the vicinity I will most appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

hmmm, since noone has answered with more recent intel, I have some old info: it's been a few years, but, I recall some illegal camping sites (illegal because they are almost right on the trail) right on the pond. The pond had some pretty thick vegetation so it might be hard to find a decent site otherwise.

I'd be interested in hearing your experience here when you're done. I'm debating on doing this overnight or waiting until it gets colder and the ground firms up!

it's been a few years, but, I recall some illegal camping sites (illegal because they are almost right on the trail) right on the pond. The pond had some pretty thick vegetation so it might be hard to find a decent site otherwise.

Someday the moderators will put this in a sticky: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5363715.pdf

That trail (and pond) seem to have no camping restrictions at present so apparently it's legal to camp in the middle of the trail (or the pond shore)

If you go there and look around, you'll find a place pitch a tent. I remember seeing a couple places a year or two ago.