Pics Please

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherpakid

Reaction score
In October of 2004, my wife and I had a baby which prompted us to move from NYC to the mid-west in search for a lower cost of living. I was an avid backpacker in the 'daks and I'm miss being out there this winter season. I doubt I'll be able to arrange a trip until next year with my work schedule and the new baby. I miss it soooo much that I spend my freetime on the internet in search of pictures of the 'daks this season. If anyone has any links to pictures that they've taken this year and would like to share, please post a link to them. I'd love to see them. I miss it soooo much that we may have to pack up and move back!

-sherpakid

My condolences on having to move to the midwest. I attended school in the midwest (northern Indiana) and it was flat as a pancake. Not only that, but the winters are generally more severe, depending where you are. Where did you wind up?

There are numerous folks on this board who have websites with great ADKS pics such as Mavs. Also, www.adirondackjourney.com has trip reports with some great pics also. Peruse the trip reports section of this site and you will most likely find some great pics.

Indianapolis

We ended up in Indiana - mainly because I went to highschool and college (Earlham) there before settling in New York for the past 8 years. My wife, a native new yorker, has had a hard time adapting, but is finding it tolerable now. I have a feeling, that we will back in NYState somewhere in a few years, or at least own a plot of land upstate somewhere. Thanks for the link! :)

-sherpakid

If I can figure out how to take the red-state blocker off my e-mail sender I'll be happy to send some sweet pics of the Sewards and Dixes.

Too bad you didn't land in Illinois, my e-mails get there lickety-split.

Just kidding, of course ... :rolleyes: I'll post a few galleries in the Trip Reports in the next week or so. Here's one from Macomb a few days ago...

Here's a link for some PICS or if you're in to some moving footage VIDEOS Hope these bring back some memories of the Dacks for ya!

Doc McPeak said:
If I can figure out how to take the red-state blocker off my e-mail sender I'll be happy to send some sweet pics of the Sewards and Dixes.

Hey Doc, I looked at the "map" and NYS is geographically speaking a "red state" except for the blue in the areas you would expect it (NYC metro, etc). I know, "nobody lives in those rural red areas" but I bet many NYers would disagree with that assessment. :rolleyes:

Dad!

SherpaKroto - Thanks for the pics Dad!:)
Thanks for sharing the pics everyone and letting me live through them. On the way home from work last night, my wife and I continued discussing our plans to buy some land upstate and build a nice cabin on it (she's an architect). Doc McPeak - I'm a little blue head bobbing in a sea of red, so if you send me pics, it's through a safe secure channel! :)
Head, i'm a work now and i just saw your post. going to check out those videos when I get home.
I'm going to take a trip down to Hoosier National Forest, but I know it will be disappointing - nothing can compare to the Adirondacks! My friends used to fly in from DC and Texas to do our yearly trip in Jan. and Feb. Kills me to not be able to do that this year!

maineguy said:
... but I bet many NYers would disagree with that assessment...

Maineguy, perfect word to use: "bet"... for that's exactly what so many have done ... too bad there's no aces in that deck.

Sherpakid, the lifeline is heading your way!

Here's the best-of winter 2003-2004...

http://community.webshots.com/album/261406132mCJWXy

Enjoy!