Adams and JQ Adams via... (see post for trails) - 7/4-7/5

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NH Tramper

Reaction score
Date of Hike: July 4 - July 5, 2013

Trails: Valley Way, Randolph Path, Hincks Trail, Spur Trail, Lowes Path/Israel Ridge, Amphibrach (down), Link (down).

Trail Conditions: This report is easily broken into three parts for simplicity: 1) Starting on Valley Way we experienced lots of mud, mainly from rain coupled with overuse; 2) All other below treeline trails were in decent shape. A little mud, a little water, some leaves, slippery rocks and roots, but mostly easy going -- the worst of these being parts of the Amphibrach, Hincks, and the Spur trails and the best being the Randolph Path and the Link trails. 3) All above treeline trails were in great shape, dry and easy going. Other Notes: No blowdowns, all crossings easy when approached with care due to slippery rocks.

Special Equipment Used: We brought trekking poles for the crossings and found them useful. Bug spray was needed above treeline, despite the winds.

Comments: Hiked this one with my friend Stefanie and we had a great time. Aside from the bugs on Adams we experienced good weather with great views. We stayed at Crag Camp (plenty of room) and while we didn't see much in the way of fireworks, we had an awesome sundown and awesome sunrise. It rained in the evening well after we were safe indoors and it cooled things down nicely. Great way to spend the US birthday. JQ Adams gave me my final Adams Family peak for the TW72 list. Yay!

Mike "Tramper" Cherim
Nottingham NH