Garmin 60 CSx stopwatch and battery life.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
Lately, I've been using my 60 CSx gps as a stopwatch while training (Polar watch battery dead) and I have noticed that my recently acquired, very long lasting and fully charged (in a MaHa charger) Eneloop batteries are losing juice very quickly (one bar every 30-60 mins, roughly) Google searches turned up nothing related to the stopwatch's power demands.

I've been using the stopwatch with the GPS (and WAAS, which I suppose is off by default if the GPS is off) turned off and have not used the backlight.

Has anyone else experienced or heard anything related to this?

I imagine Doug will be tuning in soon with some measurements. However, from the other thread on the Garmin 62, it appears that screens that need to be updated frequently, use more power than those that do not. The map page might be updated every few seconds (to place a trackpoint, or shift map position/direction) while the stopwatch page is updated every 1/100 of a second. I had never used the stop watch until I read your OP.

Last edited: