Chronic Lyme Disease - watch those ticks

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Remove clothes before coming back indoors, and wash and dry them separately."

That would be hard to do in my NYC apartment building.

What's especially depressing about the article is that you can have all the symptoms of chronic Lyme disease without ever actually getting bitten by a deer tick.

Thanks, Peakbagger for posting that article. I have suffered from Lyme disease symptoms for many years and have been on and off treatment for quite some time. I did not the bulls eye rash. Call it Chronic or Post Treatment, I don't care. I'm tired, have low energy, strange aches and pains that move around or stay put. I have brain fog - can't find the right words to say or remember what I've just read. Symptoms of other diseases? Oh yes, that, too. I go in and out of remission. I take vacations from antibiotics - antibiotics are nasty as they leave a bad aftertaste in your mouth and cause yeast infections. Who would want to take them if they didn't offer some solid hope of help?

Don't take your clothes off in public, as Daniel was not wanting to do in his NYC apartment, but if you have been in tick territory do change clothes asap and SEGREGATE your tick clothes from your cleaner clothes in a strong plastic bag. Don't wash them first. Dry them in high heat for about 15 minutes. Fry them instead of cleaning them. They won't wash away or drown, but you can kill them by heating them.

Or maybe I am just imagining these symptoms of dying a slow death?

I just went to a talk on lyme disease. Scary. The woman that spoke didn't know she had and probably had it for a number of years and then it just went crazy. She became wheelchair bound, couldn't speak, memory issues, had seizures...She cut out all sugar and gluten (apprently they feed on this) and went to Nevada for treatment. She now is back to almost normal. She is still fighting a few parasites but has her life back. I also watched the movie Under Our Skin...that she recommended. Hard to believe such a little bug can do so much damage!

Under Our Skin is a great movie and one that, along with handouts (a checklist of symptoms), led me to appropriate treatment. I'm not sure about the dietary changes, but people in all walks of life are avoiding sugar and gluten these days.