Three generations - one awesome day

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half Knot

Reaction score
Still on vacation so a full report won't come until next week. But had to share that my Mom (Gramma Wait Up - age 70), Olympic Archer (age 14) and I bagged Camel's Hump this week! We started at Monroe, then took the Alpine to see the bomber wreck site before making the peak. As novices the LT approach from the south scared the crap out of us, but once on top we had an awesome lunch with crystal clear views in all directions (this was on Tuesday).

We descended via the LT north to Monroe all the way back. Since we had to pace for GWU, the round trip took about 8 hours. But to make our first 4k peak was well worth the effort!

Still on vacation so a full report won't come until next week. But had to share that my Mom (Gramma Wait Up - age 70), Olympic Archer (age 14) and I bagged Camel's Hump this week! We started at Monroe, then took the Alpine to see the bomber wreck site before making the peak. As novices the LT approach from the south scared the crap out of us, but once on top we had an awesome lunch with crystal clear views in all directions (this was on Tuesday).

We descended via the LT north to Monroe all the way back. Since we had to pace for GWU, the round trip took about 8 hours. But to make our first 4k peak was well worth the effort!

Congrats, Half Knot! Was thinking about y'all in the past week, remembering your plan to hump it up the Hump some time this month. Psyched for you all - you picked a beauty for your first 4K - hope you had a good view of my first, Moosilauke, among many others. I imagine the Adirondack views are gorgeous from up there - they were nice on Killington for me, and CH is closer. Again, congratulations. Looking forward to your pics and full report - give my best to OA and GWU.