Water crossings on Pine Bend Brook Tr and Sabbaday Brook Trails

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamples

Reaction score
I have already done the Tri's via North and South slide and wanted to do them by parking at Sabbaday, hiking up the Kanc for a mile and going up Pine Bend and descending Sabbaday...

I am just wondering how tough the water crossings are?

Sounds like between the 2 trails, there are many.

Kinda sounded like the ones on Pine Bend were all minor and easy? But Sabbaday possibly had one or two tough in high water?

Of course I may be doing it soon where it has suddenly been dry for a bit stretch here.

Anyone have any good info on water crossings on these trails? Thanks

as you said, pinebend crossings are generally not an issue (and weren't last weekend), but the sabbaday crossings are much larger and can be very difficult with high water. shouldn't be anything to worry about right now with the weather we've been having, but after a wet stretch i'd be cautious.

bryan

There is a hard path on the west side of the stream just before the first stream crossing. It's easy to follow, and by-passes the first two crossing.
If I remember correctly (and this was many departed brain cells ago) the crossings this time of year are mostly rock hops.

This trail is a very fine, quiet, by-yourself hike. I've done this trail twice and met no one else after the falls.

Stay safe.....Walker

Went yesterday. Dry feet for all crossings. Not really even any thought required.

994570_614530188570234_185767375_n.jpg

Tim

Last edited:
Thanks. I did this loop yesterday and had no issues.

Pine Bend Brook Tr had much smaller brook/stream crossings that were all easy.

Sabbaday def had the much bigger real river crossings but all were rock hops with dry boots.

Nice to go a different way on repeat peaks.