Garfield, Galehead, North and South Twin via... (see post for trails) - 8/25

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NH Tramper

Reaction score
Date of Hike: August 25, 2013

Trails: Garfield Trail, Garfield Ridge Trail, Garfield Spur, East Garfield Bushwhack, Gale River Trail, Frost Trail, Twinway, North Twin Spur, North Twin Trail, North Twin Trail Bushwhack

Trail Conditions: All crossings were very easy, and all trails in great shape. Exceptions include some mud on parts of the section of Garfield Ridge Trail between Garfield and Gale River Trail, parts of North Twin Trail, and the NTT bushwhack. Speaking of bushwhacks, the one to East Garfield was easy to follow only from the summit down but fades away near the trail. North Twin Trail was somewhat difficult due to lots of scree in the treadway. Blowdowns were only noted on the NTT bushwhack.

Special Equipment Used: None needed.

Comments: Hiked this one with my friend Cynthia (finishing off her Grid for August). Great hike on a great day. Also saw another friend, Gordon Jamison, on the trail. We hiked together for a bit but Cynthia and I eventually out-paced him I guess.

Mike "Tramper" Cherim
North Conway NH