north fork Boquet river gorge bushwhack

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddy

Reaction score
I've searched the threads concerning bushwhacking up the North fork of the Boquet river gorge and have enjoyed the trip reports. I'm considering doing this bushwhack this fall and I'm hoping someone familiar with this route could throw their two cents in about the degree of difficulty involved with staying in the bottom of the gorge up to the Noonmark trail and out via Round pond. I assume going up the river is easier than going down river. Some of the trip reports access the gorge from above and exit to the north without following the gorge all the way down, sounds like fun but I'd really like to see the whole gorge from the bottom. I'm comfortable with the limited scrambling and open slab the Trap Dike has to offer, does this route exceed the Trap Dike exposure when navigating the river bed up the gorge? I'm also considering accessing the lower end of the gorge using a bushwhack route via Twin pond to the wetland at the lower end of the gorge. Any input and or suggestions would be much appreciated. Buddy

I have been part-way up the gorge from the Grace herd path. Additionally, I have whacked to the North Fork through the little col to the SW of the 884 meter peak. It was very open and the slopes of the 884M peak exhibited copious quantities of open rock. Of the peaks to the NE of the gorge I have been informed that one of them (I forget which) offers level, grassy camping with stellar views of the Dixes. I was on my way in to check it all out when the weather turned violent and have yet to return.