Shuttle for Rocky Peak Ridge Traverse - Friday, October 4

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crshortt

Reaction score
Hello,

I am having trouble finding a shuttle for myself and two buddies to do a traverse of Rocky Peak Ridge and Giant a little over a week from now. The lady who owns the Keene Valley hostel will be out of town that day. Otherwise, she could have done it. Does anyone out there know of any other shuttle operators, or perhaps have a friend in the immediate area who might be willing to provide one relatively early that morning - say sometime between 6:30 - 8:30 am?

Thanks for any ideas,
Rick

Thanks. I'll try that. I had sent him a pm within the ADK High Peaks forum, but no response. I will try this address though.

Rick

Did you ever get an answer for this? My wife and I are considering the same hike Friday October 4 and would appreciate a lift as well.

Consider spotting a bike at the Giant Chapel Pond Trailhead. It's a pleasant coast back to New Russia, it's mostly downhill.

Apologies to Daniel

Did you ever get an answer for this? My wife and I are considering the same hike Friday October 4 and would appreciate a lift as well.

Daniel, So sorry I did not see this, but I was not on the forum after I got up there and had very little time online at all. I never even checked my Yahoo mail, only my main address. However, we did use [email protected] as Neil suggested and even ended up with a fourth person who had contacted me earlier. It's definitely a great hike though and I'm sure you could get a shuttle from Tom as well.

Rick

No problem, thanks for the reply.

We got a friend to help so we were able to do the traverse on Friday. What a hike, God willing I will get to do it again. Really loved the last couple of miles up to Rocky Peak Ridge.

Hope you got your hikes in.

Really loved the last couple of miles up to Rocky Peak Ridge.

Hope you got your hikes in.

Great! Yeah, the Rocky Peak Ridge traverse was awesome - though it was raining a little by the time we got to Giant. We also missed the views from the top of Sawteeth the next day, but had extraordinary weather otherwise. Two of the three of us finished our 46ers on Sawteeth. I had needed nine and my buddy Peter Barr had needed 18, and we were lucky enough to get them all and have views to boot. Took me 7 or 8 trips over 14 years, but finally did it! Now two more for the Northeast 115!

Rick