New High-Tech GPS Device!!!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironically, a map IS an extremely high-tech piece of equipment. Well maybe not the treasure maps of teenage adventure literature.

D'Oh!

The last time I felt this disappointed by a Youtube video I was staring at a Rick Astley video. The caption said, "You have been Rick Rolled". Well played, duped again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H52TTCoS7To

OK, I'll admit it, I've danced to Rick Astley music in clubs :) I think I might even have his CD somewhere! You've not been duped, just a funny reminder how great maps are when I think about all the questions I see in this forum on how to use a GPS. :eek:.

OK, I'll admit it, I've danced to Rick Astley music in clubs :) I think I might even have his CD somewhere! You've not been duped, just a funny reminder how great maps are when I think about all the questions I see in this forum on how to use a GPS. :eek:.

You're right. I have been in the market for a GPS and have been reading hundreds of reviews and posts. It's an endless discussion or pros, cons, upgrades, replacement batteries, etc... Thus, I was "self-duped" into thinking your post might be the end of my search. It's funny.

In reality a map and compass are fine for the times I can see where I am going. It's the whiteout conditions of an alpine zone traverse that make me want something more technologically advanced. Last winter I was on the Presis and I couldn't see more than a few yards in any direction. We didn't see the summit of Washington until we were nearly on top of the observatory. A spooky feeling.

Be well,

Z :D