Mahoosuc Range Backpacking Trip 10.24-10.26

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomcat32

Reaction score
I haven't hiked the Mahoosucs since my AT thru hike in 99 and wanted to visit them again. With winter approaching I wanted to get in on last backpacking trip and this fit the bill. Winter weather made an appearance this trip..
I hiked Mahoosuc Trail and Old Speck Trail from Gorham to Grafton Notch. Roughly 32 miles with side trips and 11000 feet of elevation gain. I made it to Trident Col Thursday. I hiked a tough 20 to Speck Pond Friday and a quick 5 miles Saturday to Grafton Notch. Flurries fell most of the way with lots of rime on the summits and freezing temps on the higher peaks during the day.
I have the full trip report and lots of pics at my blog http://tomcatoutdoors.blogspot.com/2013/10/backpacking-mahoosuc-range.html
The wintery weather enhanced the trip as you can see in the pics with frosty summits.

Nice report and some speedy hiking.
Funny about your earlier accidental 3X through Mahoosuc Notch on your AT through hike.

Thanks for the excellent trip report and pics...looks like the weather and terrain made for some interesting sights!!