In Memoriam - Bookah 10/31/2004 - 10/28/2013 My friend and hiking buddy

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peakbagr

Reaction score
Raised to hike, she was the ultimate doghiker. I could count on one hand the number of trips she missed in her very full 9 years. She loved being with me and others in the woods. Her gentle spirit made friends everywhere and it was a pleasure to have people who she never met recognize her on the trails and summits.
Please look at and enjoy the photos and the comments from the friends she made on and off the trail during her too-brief lifetime. Barbara and I are heartbroken.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.743637635652765&type=1&l=4d32f24c61

Alan - Am very sorry for your loss. Those are great pictures. Am sure you and your wife will miss her for a long time.

Kevin

Last edited:
My deepest sorrows for your loss. I know how special it is to have such a great companion in the woods. The memories that you shared will last forever.

We are at a loss for words, Alan. We were anticipating your visit this weekend and I was counting the treats in the freezer to make sure there were enough for both Boo and Leo. This is all wrong. --Pat and Audrey

Sorry-
I am sure she had a good life with you.

I am so sorry, Alan that you lost your wonderful pooch. It is always tough to lose our furry friends.

Bogorchis

I'm really sorry to hear about Bookah. I know your life was better because of your time with her and certainly hers was better because of her time with you. I'm sure she wouldn't have wanted it any other way, although I know we wish our four legged companions had a longer life span. The separation hurts. I hope a Bookah II can soon find her way into your life. Best wishes. Ed

What a great dog! I love seeing the photos across her life, from bouncing puppy to those bathtub shots where she is old and gray but still having fun. What a sweetheart! We do love our pets so much. Sorry for your loss.

--Carla ("mother" to a a sweet 17 yr old cat--no hiking for him!)

I am so very sorry for your loss. I can see from your pictures that she enjoyed a very wonderful, lovely, lively life with you.